Sunday, April 15, 2012

Welcome

Welcome!


I finally bit the bullet and started a BLOG!! This is a direct result of the pestering I got from all my "friends" on facebook who apparently think the insanity that is my world should have a broader audience.  Although I talk about my kids...a LOT...I don't intend this to be a "parenting" blog at all. It's more a blog to make you feel better about the crap day you just had.  After reading what went down at my house you'll most likely walk away saying "well, I had a bad day but at least THAT didn't happen to me".  But most of all I want to use this as a place to record what is happening in my family at this exact moment in time, so when I'm old and gray and start getting all nostalgic about the "good 'ol days" I can read what actually happened and not only feel great about being in a different point in my life, but thank my lucky stars I survived!


Ok, time to introduce everyone! I'm the mom of 3 little boys ages 5, 4, and 2yrs.  G is my oldest and is capable of the highest level of rational thought out of the three, which leaves him very frustrated with his brothers most days.  M is 4yrs old and very sweet and easy going (which is why I hold him personally responsible for duping us into believing we could handle three children).  F is 2yrs old and I'm not sure how to best describe him.  Perhaps the words of the elderly woman who went for a LONG ride in the elevator with us (and 7 other unsuspecting "guests") when, on the ground floor, F pressed the button for every single floor on the way to my doctor's appointment in a 19 floor building.  She looked like she was struggling to find the right word but finally settled on "my, he's quite SPIRITED, isn't he?" Yes. F has lots of SPIRIT.  Exactly.  Or perhaps the 4 strangers who came up to me, in 3 different stores, to tell me F (who was always standing sweetly by my side) "has a mischievous glint in his eye" and "looks like trouble".  Or maybe G's description of his youngest brother would be best.  I overheard G introducing his little brother to one of his friends at school.  With a completely serious face he said "This is my brother F, he's an evil genius".  The other kid did a little head nod, and took a step back.


I also have a lovely hubby who I blame most days for passing on what must be HIS insane genes to our children since there is no way this craziness came from ME.  And a boy (of course) standard poodle who has so much energy both my husband and I are literally near death on the floor trying to make him tired everyday.  Ok, so by "near death" I mean we take turns running with him for 3 miles (actually hubby cheats and rides his bike), throwing his tennis ball with one of those chucker things and trying to exercise his brain with tricks and puzzles (which is a JOKE with a poodle since they are so darn smart he figures out the stupid "puzzles" before I'm done reading the instructions).


Our days are filled with complete insanity which I find very entertaining and I hope you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment