Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Police visit

OK, just had a little meet and greet with a couple County Sheriffs at my house, after our house alarm went off while no one was home.  When I pull up to the house I see a uniformed officer with his gun drawn, standing outside the open front door.

I say :"Is someone in THERE?!!"
He says "It looks bad.  There are clothes all over the dining room table..."
Me: "Oh, um, that's the stuff I'm getting ready to sell on ebay".
Gun Wielding Peace Officer: "I can see books and toys strewn around the living room."
Me: "Um....yeah. Well.  That's the kids stuff...I mean I TOLD them to clean it up, but, you know..."
Gun brandishing, VERY muscular policeman gives me a blank stare and says "I'm waiting for my partner to arrive so we can enter the premises.
Me: "Oh, yeah. Well, that sounds good, sure."

Once policeman (and gun) number two arrive they yell some stuff but I really only heard the words "we have our guns drawn and you may be SHOT".

Crap.

After a couple minutes they come out and have Paul do a walk through with them to make sure nothing is missing.

Then they leave and we walk into the house.  Hmmm.  This is a bit embarrassing.  I mean it LOOKS like the place has been ransacked, but really it's exactly as we left it this morning as we all rushed out the door to work and school.  There are some firetruck underpants hanging from the kitchen chair (Max threw them in a fit this morning while screaming for his garbage truck undies), there's a demolition site of lincoln logs on the family room floor, the breakfast dishes are on the counter and the DVD we left on for Huxley (you know, so he doesn't get lonely) has ended and is doing a continuous loop of the intro song to Duck Tales.  But, and I say this with the upmost pride, my pantry is IMMACULATE.  I just hope they took a good LONG look in there.  I mean, it's a great bad-guy hiding place right? And so organized! :)

They determined that the door to the garage hadn't been latched all the way and the wind blew it open, so not ACTUALLY a break in.  Good to know they're hardcore about it though.  And I have now started tidying up the house on the off chance we are almost-robbed by the wind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment