Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summer Reading - FREE Book from Barnes and Noble!

As I was searching for ways to keep my almost-a-first-grader busy over the summer I saw this awesome program by Barnes and Noble going on this summer.


Your child in grades 1-6 reads 8 books at home and fills out a journal stating the title, author, and who they'd recommend the book to and brings it into a participating Barnes and Noble store for a FREE BOOK! WOOHOO!  I LOVE free!  It has to be from their list but there are 7 choices in the first and second grader bracket (one about dinosaurs and one about Lego Heros so I'm pretty sure we're covered).  

We just printed our "Reading Journal" out and G is reading his first book tonight.  He loves hearing ME read stories, but this is a great incentive for him to read himself.

The program runs from May 22nd until September 4th 2012.

Happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment